EXPECTATION vs REALITY – UI/UX
When it comes to UI/UX, there is a vast difference between what is learnt and the practical applicability of what we have learned so far. UI/UX is a conjoined term. One cannot exist without the other. As a result, it becomes tad difficult to understand the differences between UI and UX.
This blog helps readers to gain an understanding of UI and UX, the stark contrast between them and to create an aesthetic design for their websites.
WHAT IS UI?
What users see as the face of a website featuring every distinct aspect is referred to UI design.
A UI designer uses a combination of text and images to capture the attention of users to a particular website.
The role of a UI designer is such that he/she must have a keen understanding of how things are perceived in a website. The designer should be able to create attractive visuals which make users to navigate the website with ease.
Moreover, it is mandatory that the visuals created by the designer bring about that ‘connect’ with the users.
Given below are some aspects which a UI designer must make note of:
• It is a normal human tendency for us humans to always think big. We never get satisfied with small results. The same logic applies here too.
• When it comes to alignment, the less the better works, as most users prefer clarity of text placed in a website.
• Every design related detail counts.
• To gain the upper hand, designers must think out of box to come up with eye catching images to entice users.
• No matter the design created, designers must keep in mind about the visibility of texts placed on the website.
• Spacing between each letter matters a lot when it comes to UI design.
WHAT IS UX?
UX denotes user experience. UX design controls how each feature would work in a website. Therefore, it is mandatory for any UX designer to make sure that users’ prerequisites are fulfilled, while designing a website.
To create a hassle-free experience for users, a UX designer has to keep in mind the following aspects:
• Perform a test-run of the product/service before going live
• Research thoroughly on the various features of the product/service
• Keep in mind, the needs and wants of specific or target users, before developing a product/service.
•Keep it simple.
Let’s take a run through of how a combination of UI and UX works when combined with one another.
UI & UX – AN AMALGAMATION
It is actually feasible to combine UI and UX to create wonderful designs for user interface by:
• Understanding the specifications of users and the actual need of a particular product or service.
• Analyzing the behavioral aspects of different users and creating a product/service, which acts as the perfect destination for users.
• Maintaining the brand connect of a particular product/service, thereby retaining the sentimental bond of users intact.
This blog brings out the best differences between UI and UX designing and individual features of both. One can also consider this blog as a set of instructions, to work upon a specific product/service. To bring about a definite change to a website, a perfect combination of UI as well as UX design always creates wonders.